The Extraordinary Synod on the Family is gathering in Rome on October 5-19. Equally Blessed invites our supporters to join us in praying for the Synod, and for all Catholic families– especially LGBT families. You can participate by:
- Praying our “Equally Blessed Prayer for the Synod on the Family” with your own family or faith community.
- Writing your own prayer for the synod and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This prayer may be included on our facebook page and website.
Thank you for praying for the Synod, and for the diversity of Catholic families.
Equally Blessed Prayer for the Synod on the Family
Loving God, Creator of us All,
As the Extraordinary Synod on the Family gathers in Rome, we pray for families in our church:
- For a couple eagerly awaiting the birth of their first child.
- For a couple struggling through a difficult adoption process, and for the child who is waiting to find a home with them.
- For children seeking support after their parents’ divorce.
- For a teenager who is still afraid to come out to her parents.
- For a family that walks alongside their transgender child as she comes into a more full understanding of who You have called her to be.
- For parents who live in fear of their child being arrested or killed because he’s gay.
- For interfaith parents who are teaching their children to see Your face in diverse religious traditions.
- For parents struggling to find ways to speak with their children honestly about the sacredness of human sexuality.
- For those who are not called to parenthood, but who nurture and care for their communities.
- For couples celebrating new marriages and for those still waiting for the right to marry.
- For couples who are unable to be married in the church they love because of their sexual orientation, or because of a previous marriage.
- For grandparents, aunts and uncles who provide a circle of love and support around the children in their families.
Be with these and all families in their joys and in their struggles. Be with them in the United States, in Uganda, in Columbia, in Italy, and in all the places where Your people gather. Help them love and care for each other.
Then, God, be with all those who are gathered in Rome for the Extraordinary Synod on the Family. Open their eyes to how Your Spirit is moving in the lives of these families. Open their ears to the stories of those who have been marginalized in Your church. Open their hearts to a fuller understanding of how the Catholic Church is being called to serve and care for each family.
Let our families and our churches be places where everyone is loved, everyone is safe and everyone is wanted.
In the name of Jesus, who called us His family,
Download: Equally Blessed Synod on the Family Prayer Card (PDF)