- New Ways Ministry starts a movement to canonize Fr. Mychal Judge, the “saint of 9/11” - On September 11, 2001, Fr. Mychael Judge, a Franciscan friar who was also the chaplain for the New York City ...
- This fall offers many opportunities for LGBT Catholics and allies to connect - This fall a variety of conferences and meetings will take place, offering LGBT Catholics and allies a great number of ...
- The letter those Brazilian dads should have received on the baptism of their children - A letter from the Vatican to a gay male couple who wrote to Pope Francis about their joy in having ...
- Bishop Paprocki’s controversial decree puts forth a vision of humanity that harms the church - Thomas Paprocki, the Catholic Bishop of Springfield, IL, recently made international headlines with a Decree that banned people in same-sex ...
“Called to Justice under a Trump Administration … To Do Justice, To Love Tenderly, To Walk Humbly with Our God”
- Sr. Simone Campbell: “Social Justice Under a Trump Administration”
- Greer Gordon: “Racism and Privilege in Our Church and Society”
- Sr. Patty Chappell, Pax Christi: Called To Be a People of Peace”
- LGBT and the Welcoming Church
- Caring for our Earth
- Immigration, Deportation, and Sanctuary
- Transgender, Intersex Identities, and the Family
Keynote: Adam Bucko, “What Breaks Your Heart? A Call To Action – A Call To a New Spirituality”
Young people are not necessarily rejecting God, they just simply feel that “religious organizations are too concerned with money and power, too focused on rules and too involved in politics. It is for this reason … that the rise of ‘spiritual but not religious’ is not a sign of spiritual decline but rather ‘a new kind of spiritual awakening.'”
“A retreat for LGBT persons and their allies”
The Marian Social Justice Collaborative LGBT Initiative Team has been working hard to coordinate with our presenters to provide a quality, faith-filled and affirming retreat weekend. Presenters will speak on topics such as finding your true self, creating welcoming spaces and recognizing your call. All are welcome on this weekend, LGBT persons, allies, friends, family members and those who minister with the LGBT Catholic community.
“A conference for LGBTQIA saints and prophets—generations past and present—to honor our history and empower our future.”
Join founders, movers, and shakers in the LGBTQ+ Christian world to tell stories and explore our future. Notable Catholics voices will include Marianne Duddy-Burke, Sr. Jeannine Gramick, Jamie Manson, and Mary Hunt, among others.
New Ways Ministry is sponsoring a retreat for gay priests, brothers, deacons, and all diocesan clergy personnel, congregational leadership, and formation personnel. The title of the program is “Following Jesus in Holy Honesty.” The retreat facilitator is Fr. Steve Wolf, pastor of Immaculate Conception parish, Nashville, Tennessee.
Fr. Wolf describes the program:
“For gay priests, brothers and deacons, the retreat is designed to develop better self-understanding, spirituality, friendships, and relationship with the institutional Church.
“For diocesan clergy personnel, congregational leaders and formation ministers, the retreat will develop better understandings of the personal and spiritual journeys of gay men in clerical and religious life.
“Retreatants will explore ways gay clergy and religious answer the call to beloved celibacy, keeps searching for God in good will, ministers to anger, resentment, and fear as did Jesus, and accepts the grace of a kind of symbiosis of the incarnation and resurrection as an apostle in the world.”
Steve will draw from the pastoral message of Pope Francis and reflect on some writings of Thomas Merton, James Alison, and others. He will also share some of his experience from participation in PFLAG and his parish group of parents and LGBT Catholics.